I haven’t blogged much lately. Not a whole lot of exciting stuff happening. But James and I did spend Saturday remodeling our guest room. I got a great deal on the stone at one of the “yard sales” at work. I also have stone for my master bathroom but that will be a bit further down the road and then I hope to do my kitchen someday. But for now my guest bathroom is done. So it is almost done exactly as the vision in my head looked.
First off, I love, love, love my new sink - also a great bargain at the yard sale - normally it is a $175 sink which I got for $30 because it had a small scratch. I dare any of you to find the scratch by the way. It is so awesome.
I convinced James that I had to tear out the old stuff, and he helped me do that and then install the new countertop. But of course once I had done that, then the paint looked terrible, so I spent Saturday night until midnight masking off and repainting the walls in the guest bathroom. Then none of my bathroom accessories – shower curtain, floor rug, trash can, toothbrush holder, etc. or my towels matched. So I found a great deal on the towels and rug at Walmart and then it was time for the shower curtain.
I really had it in my mind what I wanted but I was not able to find exactly what the picture in my mind was. I did finally find one yesterday that although is not what was in my head, works perfectly. I really wanted a fabric one with the sage green background and the pattern to be a red swirly pattern. I know it was really specific. But instead I found a gold colored one that I am going to iron ribbon onto. Since I do not sew I figured ironing it on would work. So today it is off to Hobby Lobby to find a matching red ribbon and a green ribbon that is just a bit darker. Then the whole bathroom will be tied in together because I also found this great picture at Hobby Lobby on clearance that was $22. I love the 66% off aisle. They have some great bargains.
I still have a few things in there I want to replace but I’m pretty satisfied with everything for now and new fixtures are a ways down the road. So enjoy my little project and James’ handy plumbing work. All in all I felt like I was quite capable. For a day. Next time my faucet breaks and James is out of town again I’ll go back to feeling helpless, and have to call Brent to come save me from the overflowing tub. But for a day I felt like I was pretty handy around the house.
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Bathroom Remodel
Posted by Mhari at 11:04 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
I'm soooooo green with envy - it looks awesome!!
It looks great:) You have a great sense of style:)
gorgeous!!! You are so thrifty too! I may need some help or tips from you since we just bought a house and will be redoing EVERYTHING!
That looks so good! It's so fun to remodel! We have caught the bug here. We are doing our bathroom next as well. Score on the sink! I cannot see the scratch! I love bargains!
How nice...one day when I have my own house I will have fun!!! You get such good deals...you will have to clue me in on those deals...
It looks so fabulous! I am so glad that you got that accomplished- fun fun!
You did a FABULOUS job!! I have 3 bathrooms that all need make-overs...........just let me know when you're ready.... :)
Sarah
I think I need an update here:)
Post a Comment