
I have been saying since we moved here that I wanted to go stay in a bed and breakfast in Fredericksburg, it is one of our favorite towns to go visit. Lots to do and see, great shopping, great food. Can't go wrong. But we haven't ever gone before. Since Brittany was here, we had the perfect opportunity to get out of town overnight one night. I had to be in Fredericksburg for work on Tuesday so the Monday after 4th of July we drove out and stayed in my client - Kingwood Cabinets newly built suites. They have a cabinet showroom on the bottom floor of their building, but on the top floor have built these 5 absolutely beautiful suites. Each one is named after a gemstone - Diamond, Sapphire, Ruby etc. We stayed in the Sapphire Room. They built all of the cabinetry in there and each room had cabinets the color of the gemstone and everything was decorated in that color.
Here is a shot of the bed and cabinets.
The bathroom tile in each one is also color matched as you can see around the tub here.
And even the couch in there matches.
They had a big common area where you can gather and there is a huge screen tv, home theater etc.

Go here to check out more pics on the suites. And if you ever get a chance to come and stay here you should do it. Well worth the money.
We had a really nice time though. Got there on Monday evening and we were able to grab dinner and a new restaurant. Normally when we go, we have to eat at Friedhelm's Bavarian Inn - because they have the best German food ever, and we don't have time to try anything else out, but we at at the Fredericksburg Pizza and Biergarten. Yummy stromboli and calzones! And then we explored town outside of Main Street. Again something we normally never do because we are doing all of the touristy thing. There are some beautiful old homes around that area and it is just a really nice "hill country" view. Mostly we got to enjoy just hanging out with each other which was really nice.
The next morning we ate at Winslow's Restaurant which is totally the typical small town hangout. All of the same old couples who probably go in there everyday were there getting "their usual". Cracked me up but I love it. And we both got huge meals for under $5. Wish there were more places like that.
James even indulged me and let me walk around shopping at my favorite little stores there until we had to get back for my meeting at Kingwood. He sat through that like a trooper knowing that Friedhelm's would be his payoff.
We went and stuffed ourselves silly with the delicious schnitzel and spaetzle and German Sausage sampler and decided it was about time to head home. We did have one quick stopoff at Rustlin' Robs though. I was so stuffed I couldn't even enjoy this store as much as normal. The beauty of this store is they have dips, salsa, marinades, honey butter mixes, peanut butter mixes, jelly and oh so much more.
And they have samplers of everything in the store set out so that you can taste it all. It is heaven. They even have fudge in the back that you can just sample if you want. Or you can decide to buy it. We were too stuffed to partake this time so we just had to stock up on this one dip we always get there and of course James needed to restock his jalapeno peanut butter.
It was a quick trip but it was so nice to just get away for a bit.
Friday, August 27, 2010
Our First Overnight Getaway
Posted by Mhari at 7:38 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Oh Rustlin' Robs. How I love that store and all there UH-Mazing Food! So delicious, I wish it wasn't so far away. That Bed and Breakfast looks so beautiful. I'm glad you had fun!
Hey Rustin' Robs does ship I found out. :-)
This sounds like so much fun. I may have just been inspired to plan a weekend getaway for Steve and I :)
I'm commenting so that way you'll remember to create a new post...we need new pictures...of all of you 3...
Post a Comment