Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Happy 4th of July

So James and I were able to enjoy our 4th of July weekend at the lake with family this year. We drove to Post (the middle of nowhere Texas for those of you unfamiliar) and met up with James' parents and brother's family. We went out on the lake Friday and Saturday and enjoyed ourselves with everyone, watched the fireworks and took it pretty easy. James learned to ski finally. Normally he gets dragged around a few times and gives up but he did it on the first try this time. YEA!! Here are a few pics of our weekend.

Hope you all enjoyed yours. I'm so grateful for this wonderful land we have been blessed with and I hope that we continue to be blessed even while so many people try to take away what was hard fought for. God Bless America!!

Here is Branson showing off his skills on the knee board. He had to give his Uncle Jimmy a couple of pointers.


What? Do I have something on my face?!? Lane really loves Oreos!


Macy is being silly and telling knock knock jokes. Her current favorite is Knock Knock....Who's There? Macy. Macy Who? Macy Fleischman!!! and your response is supposed to be Nice to meet you.


James is trying out his tips from Branson. Seems to be working as he gives the signal to go faster.


Brodie is a cool little dog. His friend Branson enjoyed dressing him up in various pairs of sunglasses.

Here is Brodie being a smart dog and hiding in the crawl space where we keep all the towels. Now he is dry and comfy relaxing on the boat.
James after finishing his first successful ski run.
Marlene and Dan taking it easy.

4 comments:

BrieAnn said...

YAY James!!!

Kierst said...

Yay for JAMES! I think in all the times I have tried I have only made it like once. Also- cute background- when did you change it? Google reader has made me out of touch....

Andy and Yolanda said...

You have been on my mind! I was wondering what's going on over there:) Miss you! Hope all is well and I'm so excited that you have a blog, YAY!!!

Susan said...

Well wow! I said you were going to send a link - - I am glad I finally got it! Too cute! Too bad we left the lake before seeing James get to ski! Also, thanks again for letting us stay at your house. It was really too kind of ya'll! Looking forward to seeing you this weekend!