So last week was my 12 week visit to the doc. Did a sonogram and everything looks good. This kid is a mover. All you saw were arms and legs flailing everywhere. It was hard to get a good picture for measurements. But comforting to know there actually is something in there. I keep calling it my little tape worm because I'm always hungry. And my little tape worm loves cheetos. I keep trying to substitute carrot sticks but we have a smart one too who knows carrot sticks suck! I put on 8 pounds last month. YIKES!!!!! I feel like a big, huge, cow and know it will only get worse.
I did get some really good pics of the little one so here they all are. Oh and they tested for downs syndrome and some other birth defect I can't remember and told me the chances are not very likely that my little one has that. Good news.


I also decided that my hair was kind of boring last week so I added a little bit to jazz it up. Kind of fun and funky. My girlfriend who does my hair also added a bit to her daughters hair so church on Sunday was kind of funny with everyone checking out our hair. But I like it. At least for a while. 
I'm making this face at James because he is making fun of me for trying to be too hip. He is just old and jealous and can't admit it. :-)
Work this past week was not so much fun. Our suppliers are deciding to change everything up on us and it is going to make my job a whole lot harder and possibly cause me to lose accounts. Not my favorite part of the week. Hopefully we can get it all squared away this week and things will be ok.
4th of July was spent at home this year. And it was nice to just have a weekend with nothing to do. We enjoyed both being off Friday. James in his way - the garage and sweating his butt off, but his car is getting closer to done. Me in my way - air conditioning and doing as little to make the 108 degree weather any worse. Mostly we just caught up on all the things not done during the week. And on Saturday we had a bbq with the Claridge family and the Hubers. Del braved the heat on the patio by the grill to make burgers and hot dogs for the rest of us - we were really grateful for that. And then I made homemade ice cream which is always a hit. I think it is the only reason the Claridge family invites me anymore. The kids request it everytime I walk in the door. And we watched fireworks in the miserable 95 degree heat and humidity. Happy Birthday America!!!
On a more serious note - we are very grateful that we have the wonderful country that we are able to live in and worship how we please, work where we please, have the rights that we have, have safety and security much more than other countries. We are so blessed and we take it for granted. We need to remember the reason that we have all of the freedoms and blessings that we do is because people were willing to sacrifice everything that they had to ensure those liberties. And as soon as we forget that, they will be taken away. I still get a tear in my eye every time I hear the Star Spangled Banner played because it represents everything that this great country is about. I am so grateful to the men and women in uniform who fight to keep our country free, and are willing to be away from their families and friends to ensure I'm able to speak as I wish. God Bless America!!
My girls at church are getting ready for camp this week and it just brings back the memories of when I used to go to camp. Now I try and avoid anything more remote and desolate than a Budget Inn. Not sure exactly when I decided that roughing it really wasn't for me so much but I also look at the camp these girls go to now and think they have no idea. When I first went to camp, we had an outhouse, outdoor showers (Which were really cold by the way in the middle of the New Mexico mountains), cooking over dutch ovens and camp fires - and the cooking was done by the girls, and we all slept in tents.
These girls get cabins, electricity, camp cooks, swimming pools - granted it isn't as cold here as it was in New Mexico but still....things sure have changed with camp since I was there. Oh and their hikes don't get them lost in the mountains with Bob Carr and Terry Glover. And rainstorms. Memories....little more bittersweet than sweet it appears. :-)
I'm off to clean the house. It looks like a tornado has come through here and is in need of some serious work. One of these days I'm going to take those Young Women up on their offer to clean my house!
Saturday, July 11, 2009
12 Weeks and then some
Posted by Mhari at 9:53 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

14 comments:
How fun Mhari!!! :0) I LOVE your hair! I had some pannels of blue and I loved it!!
Thanks for the update! The baby I know will be so beautiful and super hip:) Love the hair and I'm glad that you don't have to go to camp...I have tons of friends that had to go and it seemed like it was more hassle then it should have been...Happy Summer!
Fun red in your hair! You look GREAT...NOT fat!!!( I looked back a couple posts at your tummy pic) You're absolutely beautiful!
I'm sure glad you gained that 8 pounds last month! It doesn't matter how much weight you gain when you're pregnant because it is a cute way to gain weight... especially when it is my precious niece or nephew that is causing it! Love you Mhar, I hope you are doing amazing because no matter how much your body changes in the next few months you will be completely beautiful!! (as always)
Love the bay pictures! You get a lot of ultrasounds, that's so neat! Love your hair. We have a guy your age you sports a blue stripe, so James is not too old to have one!
For some reason the fact that your child loves cheetos makes me very happy. I love it! The hair is cute, you are much braver than I! I highlighted my hair today- it's blonde... big surprise eh? Love you and miss you, I think you should come to boston and soon!
Yeah for the exciting baby's first pics! :) I love your hair! Thanks for bringing back the girl's camp memories! The hikes were notorious! Bears, dogs, lightning, girls crying and leader's promising that this year they marked the trail and even included maps as we walk across a narrow plank of iffy wood to get across the river! LOL! Hope you are doing well! :)
I know you said 'girl' somewhere........but I'm going to guess boy. :) Colby was a mover and a shaker just like your little one.........and he's a BOY!! Take care!
I like the red a lot better....and I think if James got some blue it would be like he was 22 again :)
Awwwww so sweet! I love your baby's profile and sweet little nose :)
You are glowing everytime I see you with happy, proud prego-ness! I love it!
Sorry to hear about your job changing things up on ya. Hope it works out okay.
I hear ya on the camping thing- way different than my experiences with girls camp growing up.
You look beautiful and congrats again! I can not wait to meet your little babe. I just love babies. I am enjoying helping my little sister with her twins in Utah right now.
Mhari, I just got your news tonight, and your parents had just come to my house for dinner last night, so I reprimanded them for not having told me sooner! Congratulations! Now I have your blog so I can stalk you...haha, I mean keep up to date. I need to be better with mine, but after those little tape worms come out they seem to eat up all your time also! Take care, and you are SO BEAUTIFUL!
Hey Mhari! I wish I was there too! I totally feel the itch and it's pretty much just school that's holding me back...Oh, we bought a Cannon Rebel and I think it's the 10MP one. We bought it brand new off Ebay for a pretty good deal...Now with a baby on the way you'll need a camera that will capture your little one's adventures!
Thanks for posting the pics the baby will be gorgeous like all you lund girls!!! They have a prediction kit out you can use to see what your having! i think its like 60 or 70% accurate... You look beautiful, i love the hair too!! sorry im so slow on reading! Im so excited for you and James having a baby is the most rewarding thing. I love Tori more than i could have ever imagined.. i hope you are feeling well. love ya
I am bad, and have not been over here for a while. Well really, when we got our new computer, not all of my files made it, apparently, your link was one of those...
Anywhoo...
I also didn't know you were expecting. You're about where I was at this time last year too. One thing, old wives tales about what you crave, baby's heartrate etc, don't determine the gender....people will tell you all sorts of stuff. But, I'm sure you know that already.
And have you gone to motherhood.com? THat's where I found most of my maternity clothes last year. They have some really cute things. They also have stores in malls too, and since you seem to live somewhat near civilazation you might have a mall near by.
Post a Comment