James' oldest brother Pat turned 40 this year so to celebrate his being an older, his wife Krista planned a big 80's party. It was a lot of fun. We all got decked out in our best neon, and 80's big hair and blue eyeshadow and partied down. They have a large shop built next to the house and she even rented a fog machine, strobe lights, changed out all the fluorescent bulbs with black lights and had a DJ playing the great hits of the 1980's all night.
Here are Pat and Krista.
Here are Dan (James' other brother), Susan (sis in law), and their friends from Amarillo - Mark, Lori, and Jason and Katresa.
James and I - he did wear pink and he did pop the collar. I went for the denim jacket, rolled jeans, Go-Go's shirt and jelly shoes. Hot stuff right?
Andrew came dressed to impress too in his Run DMC onsie and he was quite fascinated by the lights and music. So much so that he refused to go to sleep until well past his bed time but still woke up at the crack of dawn. Not so fun for Mommy and Daddy.
Hanging out with Grandma Marlene.
Some of the crowd, and the one below that is Dan. Not sure exactly what really cool dance move he was doing here but the pic turned out pretty funny.
Here are my glowing jelly shoes. I couldn't hold the camera still long enough for the shutter to get them clearly but you get the idea. :-)
And a few shots of the party getting started. Again I tried with the blacklights but need a tripod to get it to work really well.
I think she takes the cake for the best dress of the evening. AC/DC is either the most popular band of the 80's or just easily available at the stores right now. I counted at least 4 guys in AC/DC gear.
The Fleischman boys.
Dan and Susan
Mark and Lori
Sim with hair....and a mullet at that.
Dan and Michelle (sis in law)
And a shot of the crazy boys the next day changing the black lights back to normal.
We had a fun but very quick trip. I did get to see my bff Ashley and she met Andrew for the first time. You can see in this pic so did her 2 German Shepherds. They kept coming to smell and lick on him. He thought it was so funny and kept trying to chase them around.
Sunday, July 25, 2010
Pat's Birthday
Posted by Mhari at 9:09 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Looks like tons of fun! I love the glow in the dark Jellies... I need a pair of those:)
Goodwill baby. $5.99. They had some hot pink ones too but they were too small darn it. :-) Have you given little one her eviction notice yet? Tell her to hurry up and get out here already.
How fun! Love the pegged pants!!! Your baby is getting so big!
Post a Comment