Saturday, February 12, 2011

1st Birthday

Poor Andrew this year kind of got the short end of the stick on his birthday. We had a big party planned with all of the family in Mesa that we were going to do at Robert and Nannette's and that way we could try and see everyone. Well with the nasty stomach bug from hell (see previous post) we were all recovered, recovering or somewhere in between and didn't want to risk giving it to anyone else at the party so we cancelled it. I did make cake - James had also kind of gotten gypped out of his birthday cake so I made a German Chocolate cake for him and a couple of cupcakes with buttercream frosting for Andrew. Then we just had our own little get together, decorated with half off Christmas decorations and he never knew the difference.
He wasn't quite sure what to make of the cupcake at first.
Then we lit the candle to sing to him and all he wanted to do was play with the candle.


He was really confused that I was letting him have this so he kept poking at it.

Didn't take long for him to dig right in though. He has a sweet tooth like his momma.




James, Andrew and I post cake.

The aerial group shot. Mom didn't want to be in because she was still not feeling well at all.

I think he enjoyed it just a bit. What do you think?

2 comments:

Andy and Yolanda said...

Happy Birthday Andrew! He is so handsome:)

BrieAnn said...

The picture you, James, and Andrew...oh, and your dad giving James bunny ears...after the cake is seriously the best smile I've seen on your dad in a photo, maybe ever.