Sunday, June 22, 2008

So I am obviously not very good at posting but I do try to go read up on everyone else's blogs and keep up to date. Usually this is done either late at night or during work so I don't have much time to post anything to y'all.

But here is a little update on James and I.

Memorial Day weekend my in laws came to town and we had a nice time. We went to Fredericksburg and ate some great German food (my in-laws Marlene and Ralph next to a giant carved wood eagle in Fredericksburg), went to Enchanted Rock only to be told it would cost us $24 to climb up a giant granite rock in 100 degree weather so we took a picture with the sign and called it done!

Then we also went to the Natural Bridge Caverns in Georgetown which are an extension of the Carlsbad Caverns. It was so humid and muggy outside that the beautiful temperature of 62 degrees year round made it more bearable.

My father in law took all of these pictures and he even took one of James and I since we never have pictures of us anywhere.

Then we have just been working and for those of you that don't know what we do, James is a computer geek. He works for the Department of Veterans Affairs writing software programs that allow veterans to more easily get access to government funds for housing. I work in sales for a granite company. So basically I sell countertops to all different kinds of people. I am attaching a couple of pictures of one of my most recent homes that is on the market for a measly 1.185 Million. Pocket change right?

And then on June 14th we celebrated our 5 year anniversary. Seems like forever! :-) We had a very nice anniversary, I remade our wedding cake and then we went to Ruth's Chris for dinner. That is the best steak I have ever had in my entire life. I don't know if I will ever be able to eat another steak again! And you are basically up to speed on our life as of right now.

We did finish painting the majority of our house so I am in the process of putting all of that back together but will try to post pics later on.

3 comments:

Kierst said...

Yea for 5 years and yea for blog updates!

Darrell and Alissa said...

Congrats on 5 years!! Glad for an update! YOu do have to have time for these dang blogs- they take so long, but all of us who sit around doing nothing but wait for our friends to update their blogs love to read!;)

BrieAnn said...

Do my eyes deceive me? I'm so glad you updated. Congratulations on 5 years, and on recreating your wedding cake...it was yummy. The counters look great, and I can't wait to see pictures of your painted house.