Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Good Guys and Just catching up

As most of you know the Fleischman family really love old cars. And a lot of the family trips revolve around car shows, car tours, car parts et cetera. So this weekend was Good Guys. It is a huge car show held at the Texas Motor Speedway in Fort Worth. So James and I decided since it was only a 3 hour drive we would make the trek up there and hang out with Ralph and Marlene (mother in law and father in law) and Pat and Krista (James brother and sister in law). Both of them had driven their cars from Lubbock. I forgot my camera and therefore have very few pics. So Pat and Krista drove her red '69 Mach 1 Mustang and Ralph and Marlene drove the '58 retractable (it has a hard top that retracts into the trunk like a convertible). We had a really good time, although I was not thinking about how much walking would be involved and how incredibly worn out I would be. I'll be catching up from that all week!

Here are a couple of cool pics that I did remember to take at the car show.

This is my dream car below although I want mine blue with white stripes. It will be James' next project car when we have money again!

This is another one of James' fave cars. His list is oh so short. (sense the sarcasm?)


We stayed until about 2:30 when it started raining and chased all of the old car drivers away from the show. Then we spent the rest of the afternoon with his parents and Great Aunt and Uncle watching football. It was a buy week for Nebraska so unfortunately not a terribly exciting weekend but we did catch up on all the rest of the games.
Otherwise I am moving along quickly with the baby. This is week 26 and it seems to be flying by for me. I don't feel like I have anything ready at all. James has started paiting the nursery and just has a bit left before I can come in and do my bit. Hopefully it will all work out as I have planned. I don't have any new pics but will try to get some up shortly.
Nothing else exciting to report but I found this cute pic of my 2 current "fur children" and thought it was super cute so I'm posting that too. Hopefully they enjoy all of their attention while it lasts. :-)

1 comments:

Kierst said...

You are alive! Yea....