I have quite the reputation at church being that we have been married forever and have no kids...I'm quite the auntie and love to spoil my friends kids and play that role. So a couple of months ago while babysitting for the Scott children (all 5 of them) I had let the girls play in my makeup and told them we would do a girls night where they could come over and have a "late nighter" and play in makeup. That was in March and I figured I probably better make good on my promise since they kept reminding me about it and I'm getting closer to not being able to do as much of that.
So I had 5 girls under the age of 10 over to do makeup and nails on a Friday night. Their parents were in awe of me being brave enough (or I believe Del and Brent thought that I was dumb enough lol) to take them all on at once. They got over here around 6:30 and we had pizza and then started on the nails and makeup. McKinley and Sydnee got a quick start jumping right in. I barely got them to eat their food. 
I put out all of my old Mary Kay samples and let them have a free for all putting on the colors they wanted and trying all 25 of them. :-) They were in hog heaven.
After the hair and makeup we made triple chocolate cookies, and then I let them raid my shoes and jewelry and we took pics. Here are some of their fun pics. I am no photographer nor did I have a great spot to take these so pardon the treadmill in the background and the pumpkin lights that the girls used to decorate the treadmill. :-)
This is Kylie - she is the youngest of the bunch that came over but she loved hanging out with the big girls and she is quite the little poser.

Then Rylee is our next youngest. She just had her 7th birthday.

Then Caitlyn. She got baptized this year so she is the big 8.
Sydnee is 9. She wanted to have Mattie (the dog) in all of her pics and all the other girls wanted to do the same. They love the dogs because their parents are not quite as animal friendly as me lol...sorry Leslie and Kristin.

And last but not least we have McKinley who is 10 going on 12. I have been the bad influence for her to get to wear makeup at 12 like I did. Sorry Brent. Ok not really lol.

And here is the group pic of all 5 of them.
We had a good time but boy was I tired when they went home at 10. I don't know how Kristin or Leslie or any of you handle 5. Yikes!! Glad you start with just one.
Saturday, November 21, 2009
Mhari's Brave Night
Posted by Mhari at 9:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I want the shoes McKinley is wearing!
You're going to be the best mom!!! I wish I could have gone to your girls night:)
Mhari rocks!! My girls LOVE you. You're our FAVORITE Snow White. :). Sydney and Rylee loved every minute of their Girls' Late Night. Thanks for being soooo cool!
Your're so fun! My girls would have thought they'd died and gone to heaven to be able to play in real make-up! Cute pics!
Oh how fun, I am glad that they had a blast and that you were able to survive it all!
Post a Comment