About a year ago a group of gals from church started getting together for Bachelor night. We all go to one persons house that Monday at 9 and bring junk food and watch the Bachelor/Bachelorette that we have dvr'd. I had never watched the Bachelor before and wouldn't watch it were it not for this group but we just have so much fun. We all pick our faves and talk about the crazy ones because there is inevitably a crazy one in each group....discuss their skanky clothes and how we can't understand how they can fall in love for real when being put in that crazy situation and having those kind of first dates how the rest of their relationship will be a disappointment. Lol....it is silly but we have a ton of fun.
Well last night was the finale for the Bachelor and Keri hosted it. She and Kristin planned all these fun surprises for all of us and it was soo cheeseball and such a blast!
I got a call from Kristin at about noon saying hey you are going right? And are you dressing up? (she mentioned on Sunday that she was going to Goodwill to find a formal to wear for the occasion and we all thought that sounded like a lot of fun). I of course was not really excited about that because I am still feeling the post - prego weight but I agreed and found a fairly dressy little black dress to wear. And she was like great! I'll pick you up at 8:30.
Now Keri was hosting and she lives like 2 blocks away from me but I said ok sure. I was planning on taking Andrew but when the doorbell rang and I asked James to put the carseat in her car he said I'm going to have a hard time with that since it is a limo. Sure enough I go outside and there is a stretch hummer limo to pick me up. I was very shocked. But it was so much fun. I've never been in a limo before. So we drove all over Pflugerville and picked up all 10 of us and get to Keri's house and they were like ok here are the rules. You each have to get out one at a time. Her husband was standing by the door in the spotlight all dressed up and handing out roses to each of us as they snapped a pic.
Then as we all walked in the house there were candles everywhere and the these for the bachelor this season was "On the Wings of Love" so Keri had downloaded that song and it was playing on repeat as we walked in the door.



And then we all took our group photo and dined on wings, chocolate covered strawberries and a variety of other sweets and 2 salads. :-) Those were kind of abnormal but awesome. 

So anyhow we had a great time being complete cheeseball ladies and we were all very disappointed in the choice that Jake made. We all thought Vienna was white trash and not cute at all. Tenley was a much better choice. Now on to May and the new Bachelorette and more fun Monday nights.
Thanks Keri, Kristin, Del and Ken for making it a really fun night!!
Tuesday, March 2, 2010
Bachelor Night
Posted by Mhari at 10:13 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
How fun!! That is so neat they picked you up in a limo! :0)
K...super cheesy, but I LOVE It!!! I couldn't stop smiling as I read through the post! I can't believe they got a limo, that is awesome!
I watched it alone on my couch lastnight-which is worse & too wished he chose Tenley. Oh well...he chose sex appeal over values.
It was a lot of fun. Ok so am I the only one who totally can't see how she can have sex appeal? I mean she is a woman but that is about all I can see in her. I think she is just a very unattractive woman. I sound really mean don't I?
Obviously this is Mhari not James. :-)
Wow, amazing!
Sounds like fun- and I would have loved the comment even more if it really came from James...
I love that show! I wish I could come crash your party! Looks like fun...
That was such a fun night! I loved the pics of the candles on your blog- I stole them to save them with my pics from that night too. I loved the candle light everywhere in the house :)
Post a Comment