Sorry for all of this catch up. I have been a total slacker on the blog because it has been a crazy couple of months.
After my Uncle Robert passed away we lost quite a few other family members and rather than dwell on everything I just want to make a quick note of all that happened.
We lost my Great Uncle Leland shortly after Uncle Robert. Uncle Leland was my Grandpa Roy's brother and lived in the house behind my Grandpa Roy and Grandma Bertha and then Grandma Carlene later on. (These are my mom's parents). We spent many summer days running back and forth between the houses and making more than a few stop offs in the garden between them to pick the raspberries, that we weren't supposed to and eat them. We would spend a lot of time over there with Chris - my Uncle Leland and Aunt Marilyn's youngest daughter. We always had a good time and they didn't mind if we just let ourselves in. He had a brain tumor and luckily didn't suffer long with it.
Around Thanksgiving we lost my Great Uncle Jim (or Bud as we all called him). Uncle Bud is my Grandma Betty's (Dad's mom) youngest brother. We always had a close relationship with him because when we moved to Lubbock, his family was there. They had all moved to Lubbock many years before and most were still in that area. We spent a lot of time there and when Uncle Bud and Aunt Bette Anne would come to Lubbock we always went to see them and because of that, a lot of times saw them more than our own grandparents. He had been sick for a while and had Alzheimers so it was really a blessing for him to go and be with all of his family on the other side. But still hard to see them go from this life.
My mom's Uncle Wayne was the next to go. I didn't know Uncle Wayne that well. We didn't live near him so the only memories I have of him are when my Great Grandma Randall was alive and we would go to visit and occasionally he would be there. I don't remember many of his kids either. I think a lot of them were distant from the family and so we didn't spend much time with them. Mom had a lot more memories of him and I think used to be pretty close with some of his kids so it was hard on her. Especially after coming so close on the heels of everything else.
My second to the youngest sister Kalli and her husband Steve found out that they were expecting in early November, but right before Christmas she miscarried. While we didn't get to meet or know this little spirit, it was really hard to have the blow of yet another loss and to see them have to suffer through it. I was so excited for another niece or nephew, and I know there is a reason but it is hard to understand what that reason is. I can't imagine her loss and am so proud and amazed by her. She is very strong and she is resilient and I'll get another niece or nephew soon.
Wednesday, February 8, 2012
Keeping Up - Family Loss
Posted by Mhari at 1:01 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment