Friday, May 13, 2011

Boys Will Be Boys

I had Andrew home sick with an ear infection and I thought for sure he would be calm and I would be able to get some stuff done. Boy was I wrong! He refused to take his normal morning nap so he was just on a roll to begin with. After I finally gave in and went in to pick him up (He was ramming his crib into the wall so I couldn't ignore him) he is minus a diaper and had peed on the floor in front of his crib. Really!?!?!

He is quite the exhibitionist can you tell?


After I get him up he decides that while mommy was on the phone, he would crawl into the kitchen and somehow got my purse. And in my purse he found a bottle of nail polish which he proceeded to throw onto the tile floor shattering it. And then he crawled back and forth in it while I ran yelling "DON'T MOVE!!" from the other room. Luckily it was just the nail polish causing him to be red everywhere and he missed all of the glass pieces.



And then after a bath, a lot of nail polish remover to both the floor and Andrew he had a majorly poopy explosion and decided to "help" me change his diaper - all over the carpet. After cleaning that up he got to take a nap - whether he wanted to or not. Mom needed a sanity break lol!
It was one of those days where I was ready to give him back.
Luckily in retrospect I can think it is a heck of a story. I do miss my nail polish though!

5 comments:

Meg said...

Oh man, I remember talking to you that day! I'm glad now it can be a funny story because I was laughing when I heard it, but I can definitely see how your sanity would be in danger after all that!

Mhari said...

Amen to that! The child can drive me crazy but I sure do love him.

Staci said...

These are the stories that make us LAUGH...after they are over;)

BrieAnn said...

Wow! I know those days, but I don't think I've ever had one quite that messy. ;)

Rushell said...

I Love It! It makes me so happy you are a mom and get to experience all of these joyous times instead of just hearing about them! It only gets better! ;-)