Friday, May 6, 2011

Recipe Request

The pizza was super easy to make. I just used a thin crust pizza dough recipe I found online - listed below. Then I used the Philadelphia Cream Cheese Cooking Creme - Garlic Flavor as the sauce and topped ith with mushrooms I had sauteed with olive oil and garlic, arugula, finely diced red onions and thin slices of prosciutto and then a combination of Mozzarella, Asiago and Parmesan Cheeses. It was phenomenal!

Thin Crust Pizza Dough

1 Mix a little sugar into the warm water.
2 Sprinkle yeast on top.
3 Wait for 10 minutes or until it gets all foamy.
4 Pour into a large bowl.
5 Add flour, salt, olive oil.
6 Combine.
7 Knead for 6-8 minutes until you have a moderately stiff dough that is smooth and elastic (add a bit more flour if you need to).
8 Cover and let rest for 20-30 minutes.
9 Lightly grease two 12-inch pizza pans.
10 Sprinkle with a little bit of cornmeal.
11 Divide dough in half.
12 Place each half on a pizza pan and pat it with your fingers until it stretches over the whole pan.
13 Try to make it thicker around the edge.
14 If desired, pre-bake at 425 F for 10 minutes (I don't always do this).
15 Then spread with pizza sauce and use the toppings of your choice.
16 Bake at 425 F for 10-20 minutes longer or until bubbly and hot.
17 Makes 2 12-inch pizzas.

Read more: http://www.food.com/recipe/pizza-dough-for-thin-crust-pizza-70165#ixzz1LXKgbaoy

The Chicken Cordon Bleu is also super easy. Take your chicken breasts and pound them very thin - as thin as you can go without them falling apart. Lay a piece of swiss cheese - or any similar cheese - I like Gouda - on top of the chicken breast. Then lay a thin sliced piece of ham or prosciutto that I had left from the pizza over the cheese. Roll the chicken, cheese and ham together in a spiral and poke a toothpick through the layers to hold it together. Roll it in an egg, and then in seasoned bread crumbs or Panko. Repeat that last step to ensure it is fully coated. Place in a greased pan and bake at 375 for about 30 minutes. Serve with Mustard Cream Sauce and Breaded Asparagus on the side.

Mustard Cream Sauce
½ cup white wine
¼ cup chopped spring onions
250ml PHILADELPHIA For Cooking
1 ½ tablespoons wholegrain mustard
Salt and pepper, to taste
2 tablespoons wholegrain mustard, extra
Olive oil spray
Vegetables, for serving
Instructions BOIL wine and onions in a small saucepan for 2 minutes or until mixture is reduced to ½ cup. Whisk in PHILLY and mustard and boil for 3 minutes or until thickened to sauce consistency. Season, remove from heat and cover.

Breaded Asparagus

Simple - Lightly brush the asparagus with olive oil and then roll in the seasoned bread crumbs. Bake in the oven at 400 for about 15 minutes. Serve with the mustard cream sauce as well.

Hope you all enjoy them as much as I did!

0 comments: